93 impreza 5 spd awd wagon changed engine and clutch now won’t start

Reaction score
I swap the old 93 1.8 for an identical 1.8 out of the same year model and replaced the clutch at the same time. Now it turns over fine fuel pump works but won’t start. I removed the negative cable first before I started to work on the car so I wouldn’t fry the ecm. Checked and cleaned all ground wires under the hood. This makes no sense to me because everything was identical and both engines were running before removed from the cars. Has to be something simple but its got me baffled. I’ve swapped the crank and cam sensors, coil, ignitor back to the ones that came with the car and still nothing. Checked all fuses still nothing that I can find. PLEASE HELP, this is my work vehicle and it makes me money so I need it fixed. Thanks to anyone who will take the time to respond.

Just to update I did figure it out. Had to replace engine wiring harness with original one from this car. Both are identical and can only guess it has a short but it was running days before removed.

Ask a Question