2024 model legacy BAD BATTERY

Reaction score
2 month old 2024 legacy touring with 800 miles dead battery on brand new car
Now the service department nightmare begins
Redding Subaru in redding California called on Tuesday 3rd of Oct and confirmed that Subaru is aware they are having a battery issue and a larger upgraded battery needs to be installed. Of course the new battery is being shipped and will arrive on Thursday October 5th
So I wait for a call, by early afternoon I call the service advisor Clay and was told the new battery is installed however the tray and tie down bracket are not in stock and won’t be here til next week
I said I will pickup my car and when the tray and bracket comes in I will return so they can install it. Was told no, the battery could touch something cause an arch and start a fire….BS!
So I went to the dealership and met with the service manager, I asked to see my car with the new battery installed. He opened the hood and no new battery was installed! I know this because prior to the tow truck picking up my car I marked a red line on the battery
So thanks for flat out lying to me over the phone service advisor Clay Riley and then denying it when face to face and in front of his manager
After meeting with the parts department they hope to have all the parts within a week
Admitted over the phone by another service department employee (female Obviously Subaru knows the have a major battery failure yet no recall has been issued ……be ware!!!!
Not happy at all with the service department at Redding Subaru in redding California
The only bright spot is the service manager Michael Woodward who after I explained my frustration, he stepped in to resolve the problems

Bud... sounds like you're complaining about a service department... why are you getting a new battery? What happened to make you have to get a new battery? If the battery was dead when you went to start it, then you jumped the car and the battery was dead again than most likely you have a parasitic drain or a bad alternator. We need more info on why you went for a new battery

correct, I am complaining about the service department, however
The dealer stated they know they are having battery issues and assured me the electrical system is not the problem, it’s a bad batch of battery’s
They are waiting on a larger amp battery to be shipped from Subaru parts and due to the larger size battery, the tray and hold down bracket need to be replaced as well
Just really frustrating to not have my brand new car over a simple battery issue

Ask a Question