2016 Crosstrek 'make roadworthy' driveway repairs

Reaction score
This vehicle has been in a bunch of accidents over the last few years, and I'm anticipating more to come. We're now at the point where we won't be putting in insurance claims, and my wife and I have agreed to stop maintaining a clean body (sadly). Young driver....

With this in mind, I need to get a replacement headlamp assembly into the passenger side. There will be some fitting issues undoubtedly. I am anticipating some challenges figuring out the wiring, where the first auto shop (patch up repairs to get the vehicle moving again) must have chopped out some of the wiring harness (during replacement of front suspension parts).

Would it be best to pull off the front bumper assembly while installing this new headlamp unit? If so, am I looking at plastic 'buttons' that hold it in place? Like all experienced DIY types, I have found all too often that the 'method of attachment' is reliably revealed by destroying said attachment! If anyone can guess at where these wiring strands will re-attach, I would appreciate hearing ideas (somewhere behind bumper/corner region, I am thinking).

If there's anything else I should be looking out for, eg re-energizing side-lined electrical ccts, please share.

With thanks....

Attachments

• IMG_9745.JPG
    IMG_9745.JPG
    467.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9746.JPG
    IMG_9746.JPG
    328.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9747.JPG
    IMG_9747.JPG
    267.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9748.JPG
    IMG_9748.JPG
    260 KB · Views: 2
You have your hands full with that one. Regarding the wiring, there are on-line sites with access to factory manuals and wiring diagrams that you can subscribe to for a day and download all you can during that time. I am sorry that I don't know the sites but I have heard them referenced in some YouTube DIY videos on other vehicles.

Ask a Question