Battery issues with 2016 Crosstrek

Reaction score
We bought this vehicle used, and have had battery drainage issues from the beginning. Typically, driver returns to the vehicle to find battery totally drained. This vehicle seems to be fairly complex electrically, and I suspect that it's going to be traced to one of the multitude of lighting circuits being left on inadvertently. (We have a young, perpetually disinterested driver as part of the mix - sound familiar?).

I've scanned the owner's manual's instruments and controls chapter for what I would hope to be an ALL OFF switch on the instrument panel. Why do vehicles never come with this?

I would like to know if others have wrestled with this issue. My family is hassling me to put in a new battery, but it seems pointless until I determine how to avoid destroying the next one as it goes in.

If I cannot find a better solution, I will dig out an unused Battery Brain and fit that.

Grant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question