2011 Legacy Parking lights stay on

Reaction score
Just started yesterday the front and rear parking lights stay on after the car is off and key has been removed. Restarted the car, seemed to be normal then after it was off for a few seconds, relay clocked and turned the lights back on. The “lights on” dash light stays on too and an alarm/chime sounds when I open the door.
Disconnected the battery over night. When I reconnect, few seconds go by, relay clicks and lights turn back on.

Rick

Information is lacking, identify the model and what "extra" equipment may have been installed.
Obviously there is a parasitic draw keeping the circuit(s) closed / operating.
Performing a network scan may hold some clues as well.
OBD II tools will not work, Subaru uses the SSM protocol (Subaru Select Monitor)

Attachments

• 2011 Legacy.png
    2011 Legacy.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 4
Information is lacking, identify the model and what "extra" equipment may have been installed.
Obviously there is a parasitic draw keeping the circuit(s) closed / operating.
Performing a network scan may hold some clues as well.
OBD II tools will not work, Subaru uses the SSM protocol (Subaru Select Monitor)
It is a Legacy 2.5i premium. No extras added. 260,000 miles and just started acting up yesterday

Electrical skills and use of a multi-meter is required to test the offending circuit.
You're welcome.

Attachments

• 2011 Legacy Premium 2.5L Ext Lights 1.pdf
    79.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 2011 Legacy Premium 2.5L Ext Lights 2.pdf
    84.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 2011 Legacy Premium 2.5L lighting 1.pdf
    70.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 2011 Legacy Premium 2.5L lighting 2.pdf
    66.4 KB · Views: 3
Thanks, all lights function normally when the car is running, strange thing when it’s off is that both sides of rear light up but only drivers front for marker lights, nothing in the passengers side

Ask a Question