2011 Legacy Headlight Aiming Problem

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm having trouble with the low beam headlights on my 2011 Legacy and its quite frustrating, so I'm hoping perhaps someone can explain what's going on.

I've new bulbs from the dealer. When the dealer replaced the bulbs I asked them to also adjust the aim on the low beams because I thought that they were aimed low, and the dealer wanted $1000 for new headlight assemblies because they were fogged and "not enough light was getting out to adjust them". ok..... well I only paid $8k for the car so no thanks.

So I used a 3M restoration kit over the weekend and the lenses came out great, basically perfectly clear and new, and lots more light hitting the road. Thing is, the headlights are legit aimed at the ground. I get a horizontal line of darkness about 20-25 feet in front of the car, super not safe on dark roads. The high beams are ok at least.

So last night I went to adjust them myself. I found and accessed both adjustment screws and started turning them with an 8mm socket. NOTHING HAPPENED. On either of them. They don't move the headlights at all, no matter how much or which way I turn them.

Any idea what could be going on here? Am I stuck shelling out a grand for new headlights? Thank you in advance

Ask a Question