1st Subaru

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was in the market for a "new" car recently and came across a yellow Baja. I just couldn't help myself : ) I'm into 20 year old Japanese vehicles in general. Somehow I feel like that was the era when cars were reliable and comfortable but still just cars (no electronic steering, smart everything, overbearing traction control, etc, etc.) I'm work in embedded systems (electronics) so it's kind of a weird hangup, but I like to "drive" my cars. Feel the road, manage the power band, get a little drifty. You know, drive the car. I've had a handful of Corollas from this era, an SX4, a Taco, a Mitsu Space Runner, a Miata... and now a Subaru! So far, I'm kind of mooney over it! It's quirky with entertaining driving dynamics and a kind of niche practicality. I have immediately started brainstorming everything I can do to keep it alive for another 10 years. I'm curious about rust treatment, power mods, and preventitive maintainence. Also, if anyone is knowlegable, my shifter linkage feels like it's out of a 1960's grain truck. That's going to have to get tightened up somehow. Looking forward to interacting with all you fine folks : )

Ask a Question