15% ethanol?

Reaction score
this just seems like a bad idea. it will reduce fuel economy and i dont know of any owner's manual that allows for 15%, most cars made in the last 20+ years allow for 10%. if i put this trash in my tank and it creates a fuel system problem, can the manufacture come back and say..... you used sub-standard fuels... your warranty is now void. seems to me if i would like to protect the investment im making in my subaru and my other vehicles i will now have to buy "premium" non-ethanol fuel and at a higher price.

thoughts or comments on this? i think it's a bad idea to force this upon the general public and if these people would just get OUT of the way and allow our industry to do it's job, 15% ethanol wouldnt even be a consideration.

Corn industry in the pockets of politicians. Plain and simple.
Ethanol isn't the devil. If tuned for it the engines get good power and economy, but gas and corn sqeeezins don't take the same tune, so in essence you lose the percentage of fuel economy the stuff takes up.
Corn is also a terrible media for ethanol, It, like most "Green" energy, takes more energy to produce than it provides.
IF you find Premium gas without ethanol (that is how many companies up the octane), in a normal naturally aspirated engine, you are just wasting money.
YMMV

Ask a Question