09 STI Hatchback Battery Cable Replacement

Reaction score
The other day I started up my 09 STI Hatch and noticed it didn't jump to life as quickly as I liked. It didn't take an unnecessarily long time to turn over but it hesitated enough to bug me so I went ahead and made my own battery cables.

The wire is super efficient tinned wire that is about 63% bigger than the original. I got these sick new mill spec connectors with ends you can hook stuff up to like aftermarket speakers or a minifridge. I also got the ends sealed with an adhesive lined heat shrink to prevent corrosion. It was easy to switch the cables out after I took the intercooler off. Once I had them on the car started noticeably quicker.

We actually just got another subi and I want to make cables for it as well. If anyone else is interested in cables let me know, I can get the wire cheaper if I order more so a group buy would be cool.

Pics below

After:
IMG_2267.JPG

Before:
IMG_2254.JPG

Ask a Question