Subaru legacy 2009 2.5 coolant in the oil

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm having this problem with my Subaru legacy 2009, engine 2.5 (no turbo) and is basically that im losing coolant but can't find any leak. At the same time my oil is increasing, have the oil over the max and the oil is starting to be more clear, i consider that is a fact that the coolant is mixing with the oil, the thing is, is the head gasket damaged or is the water pump damaged? i read that both can cause that mix.

My car have 135.000 miles and I don't know if the previous owner replace the head gaskets, the only thing that i know about it is that the head gaskets that I can see in the engine are blue (because normally a small part of the head gasket stands out and is visible),what I know is that the original head gaskets are black that's why i believe that the previous owner replaces the head gaskets in some point.

My question is: Is there any way to know where the fail differs to check the head gaskets? in Subarus this is an expensive process and i Iant to be sure what is the real problem to avoid unnecesary and very expensive repairs.

In adiadditionmechanic suggested to use blue devil to try to fix the problem, is that safe in my actual condition?

Thank you so much for read it and for any possible help.

Ask a Question