(Newbie here) Subaru Love Story.

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, but have Just purchased my second Subaru. I have loved every moment of ownership. Below is an abbreviated version of my Subaru love story. Yes, I know I am silly!

In 2016, I was rear-ended by a truck and my car totaled. For several months I searched for a safer car. During a test drive the salesman asked if I liked the car. When I didn’t answer right away, he said “This isn’t your car. If you can’t answer immediately, it’s not the one for you”. So when I finally drove a Subaru Crosstrek, I just knew it was what I was looking for. Since I wanted additional safety features, my Crosstrek had to be special ordered

A week after my 38th birthday I got the call my car was in. My dad drove me to Atlanta where I met Stuart, my new 2016 Crosstrek. Stuart quickly became the love of my life! We had a wonderful time together and shared many adventures. Stuart brought me so much joy.

August of 2020 I lost my dad to COVID. I gave up my carefree single life and took over care of my Mother. Since mom has a difficult time in smaller spaces, i drove her around in her Lincoln Navigator. It definitely gave her the feeling of more room, but it was getting hard for her to climb in and out of. Meanwhile, poor Stuart sat around waiting on those rare times we could get out and play together.

A few weeks ago, my boss messaged me about selling my Crosstrek to his goddaughter, Sarah. We arranged a meeting and she fell in love just as I did. I wish Stuart a long and happy life with his new owner. He will now receive all the attention I could no longer give him.

After parting ways with my beloved Stuart, I contemplated different makes and models, but nothing touched my heart as much as my Crosstrek. One Friday, I went to an appointment that happened to be across the street from our local Subaru dealer. I dropped in just to see what they had in stock. A 2023 Subaru Ascent, caught my eye. She was black with ivory interior and had that instant connection during the test drive. The next day my brother brought mom and I back to see how comfortable she would be in the Ascent. Mom also liked it.

Several hours and lots of paperwork later I was handed a key fob. I introduced my mother and brother to my new friend Sheba. I am quite confident Sheba and I are going to be the best of friends.

Ask a Question