New Subaru owner -P2763

Reaction score
Hi, I just acquired a 2012 Impreza 2.0 CVT sport model. 2 weeks into driving it I got a P2763 mil code. I know it’s torque converter clutch control pressure solenoid circuit high. I have tested the solenoid resistance to ground when cold and hot and it’s within spec ~13 ohms. I tested from the TCU under the dash and at the connector just above the transmission. Any ideas? I don’t want to throw a whole valve body into a car of this age, but I also just bought it.

Did you test TCU at solenoid connector or at connector above transmission? Usually high circuit is bad wire or something grounded. Solenoid could be grounded or have bad sensor.

Did you test TCU at solenoid connector or at connector above transmission? Usually high circuit is bad wire or something grounded. Solenoid could be grounded or have bad sensor.
I tested the resistance of the solenoid though the grey connector that is above(outside of) the transmission access cover. I also manipulated the wires to see if there was an intermittent connection with no luck.

Ok, solenoid replaced, and tests at 12.8 when cold. Check the wiring back to the TCM again, no shorts/grounds. Could it be the TCM? I don't think it could be something mechanical in the valve body as that wouldn't changed what voltage is fed back to the TCM. BTW, I used a dorman branded solenoid.

At this point you really need a scanner that you can look at the transmission data. See if any of the other sensors are reading high or not. You've inspected all the wires and replaced the solenoid and no issue. It is possible a bad tcm is the culprit. I would use that as a last resort though. If there is only the one close has to be something around that. I have had dorman parts be defective out of the box. I've found with doing my Subaru I bought Subaru parts. I search around such as eBay or Amazon. I get the part number and look that up. I use the website below for my parts reference:

Subaruwarehousedirect.

Subaruonly.com is good for manuals.

Ask a Question