New from MA

Reaction score
hi all...i have a 2013 subaru legacy 2.5 premium with 230k miles and i'm getting close to shopping for a new vehicle...i drive approximately 86 miles round trip for my commute...my car is now guzzling oil at a rate of 500-600 miles per quart...i also replaced the catalytic converter with an aftermarket one earlier this year (replaced both o2 sensors prior to that)...currently my rear bumper is very dirty in the vicinity of the exhaust and i started getting the p0420 code again so i ran a bottle of cat cleaner through it and the code kicked off...probably have to start doing that once a month...anyway, i am probably going to post a thread in the outback forum as i would like to have more cargo space but i am afraid to go with subaru again due to the oil consumption issue i am dealing with currently so i'd like to get some feedback from owners who have newer outbacks with high mileage to see if they are dealing with this issue cause i would rather not have to drive around with a 6-pack of oil in my trunk dumping one in once every other week...below is what i am looking for

outback oil consumption question thread...

needs:
-reliability
-60/40 folding second row
-pleather/leather or seat covers (because dogs)
-be able to fit in the garage have about 18’ of space would like to have 2’-3’ of that to walk around the front or back
-awd or fwd
-not a cvt transmission if i can avoid it (toyota's planetary style cvt is fine though)
-timing chain, not belt
-would like 30+ mpg
-smaller wheels with more tire
-splash guards
-all weather floor mats and trunk tray
-no lights in bumpers
-aux input
-more cargo space than my legacy (more cargo floor area, not necessarily height, hence the want for a wagon)
-no engine autostop without a button control with memory

wants:
-dual driver memory settings
-dual bluetooth phone connections
-window rain guards
-CarPlay
-2nd row seat back protection (rubberized)
-heated seats
-cooled seats
-backup camera

list at the moment (will edit this post as i gather info):

i left some manufacturers off that i don't consider options either due to cost or reliability but let me know if you think i forgot any...(left out: Land Rover, Volvo, bmw, Mercedes, Audi, Cadillac, dodge, Infiniti, jeep, Lincoln, vw & Mitsubishi)

* = favorites

1 sedans
*-buick regal sportback
*-honda accord (no leather or memory seat unless hybrid ex-l)
*-honda civic hatch ex-l or sedan touring (2022+)
*-mazda 6 touring (memory seat available on grand touring reserve and up, discontinued for 2022)
*-toyota camry xle (no seat memory)

2 everything else
*-acura tsx sportwagon
*-buick regal tourx
-honda element
*-honda crv ex-l
-mazda 3 hatchback
*-mazda cx-50 premium plus or turbo
*-mazda cx-5 2.5s preferred or carbon
*-subaru outback limited [for leather & seat memory]
-toyota venza (2015 discontinued old wagon style)
*-toyota rav 4 xle premium + weather package
-toyota prius v

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legacy gal

Latest Threads

Back