Keyless Entry Receiver

Reaction score
I have a 2014 Impreza, 4-DR with intermittent Keyless entry issue. Replaced the battery in the FOB but, on occasional, the vehicle doesn't respond. Happens on both FOBS. It usually stops working when the vehicle is hot and sits in the sun. It a huge hassle, I can start the car but can't shift it out of P. The car was recently serviced at the dealership for other repairs and this issue started when the vehivcle was returned.

I'd like to know where the receiver and the antennae is located so I can check them.

Thanks,
john

Last edited:
I have a 2014 Impreza, 4-DR with intermittent Keyless entry issue. Replaced the battery in the FOB but, on occasional, the vehicle doesn't respond. Happens on both FOBS. It usually stops working when the vehicle is hot and sits in the sun. It a huge hassle, I can start the car but can't shift it out of P. The car was recently serviced at the dealership for other repairs and this issue started when the vehivcle was returned.

I'd like to know where the receiver and the antennae is located so I can check them.

Thanks,
john
I usually go to subaryonly.com. it has manuals for Subaru's

Corrected "subaruonly"
The Impreza comes in more than one flavor.
Have the dealer scan the entire network for recorded faults.
This TSB may be a guide for the "P" position.
There is a relationship between the "P" position and the key.
There is also a relationship with the brake switch.
The key transmitter can be tested for strength and frequency via dealer tool or as an example:

Use the document as a guide, not a repair:

Attachments

• 2014 Impreza.png
    2014 Impreza.png
    4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Ask a Question