Impreza 2004 speedometer stopped working

Reaction score
i changed the normal bulbs in the dashboard to pretty new leds, for my misfortune after i closed the dash i noticed the speedometer dosent move from 0, any suggestions on what to do?

i changed the normal bulbs in the dashboard to pretty new leds, for my misfortune after i closed the dash i noticed the speedometer dosent move from 0, any suggestions on what to do?
There are several common causes for a speedometer to stop working. Typically, these malfunctions are caused by, a broken gear in the speedometer system, a speed sensor issue or a faulty engine control unit (ECU). A malfunctioning speedometer may also be due to damaged wiring.

There are several common causes for a speedometer to stop working. Typically, these malfunctions are caused by, a broken gear in the speedometer system, a speed sensor issue or a faulty engine control unit (ECU). A malfunctioning speedometer may also be due to damaged wiring.
thank you for the the reply nate, you suggest letting a pro handle it? or there something i can do?
i checked the wiring and its not damaged, is there anything else i can do?

thank you for the the reply nate, you suggest letting a pro handle it? or there something i can do?
i checked the wiring and its not damaged, is there anything else i can do?
If you have no previous background of mechanical experience, then I would strongly suggest bringing it to a local reputable mechanic.

However you would probably get it done by watching YouTube videos for help and step by step instructions.

Though I cannot be fully certain, as It will take some diligence on your part.

Other alternative: You can take your car to the repair shop or dealership and spend between $100 and $250 or more to have one speed sensor replaced or you can replace the sensor yourself for a fraction of the cost. The DIY cost for replacing a speed sensor is the cost of the sensor.

Ask a Question