Holla from Kansas.

Reaction score
We picked up a beat old 2010 Forester in March '23, and we just picked up a second one last week. Exact same power train in both of them. The Seafoam Blue one is a nicer trim level and has nearly all the bells and whistles you could get in 2010. It's also in great shape all the way around. The slate grey is the one I've been putting back together for the last six months. It came here from New Jersey.

I went through it and buttoned it all back together on the inside, then did the timing belt kit with water pump and thermostat, replaced the entire ignition system, adjusted the hatch and rear passenger door for road noise, and changed out ALL of the fluids. The transmission and diffs I did twice, 3k miles apart.

Her car will stay comfortable, but the slate one that I'm affectionately referring to as "Donk" is going to get a 1.5" lift, larger more aggressive tires (17"?), and metal bumpers.

I'm just here to scope out the knowledge for overlanding these things and fill the gaps in my general maintenance understanding. Thanks in advance, and now my lurking begins.

Attachments

• 20231207_161640.jpg
    20231207_161640.jpg
    671.9 KB · Views: 4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legacy gal

Latest Threads