Head Gasket problems

Reaction score
So don’t go postal on me but, from my understanding after 2009 or 2010 Subaru fixed the blown head gasket problem is that true, or are they still having head gasket problems?

They have made many improvements but Subaru still recommends Subaru anti-leak in the radiators of new cars. ALL cars can potentially need new head gaskets, not just Subaru's.

Subaru still uses the open block design at least on the naturally aspirated cars.

I believe the turbos have closed deck blocks like all their cars should have.

Your correct any vehicle or car manufacturer can and do make engines that can blow head gaskets & who knows if the engines made by Subaru blew head gaskets due to overheating issues, hardly anybody checks their oil & probably even less check the coolant level, or pay attention to temperature on the gauges if the vehicle has a coolant gauge until it’s too late! But when you look up about vehicles that you’re thinking of buying & their are lots of people talking about blowing head gaskets in certain vehicles it makes you wonder whether you should buy one! Thank you for your response!

Ask a Question