Greetings

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a first time Subaru ('14 Forester, new to me) owner. I've heard good things from friends and family with positive experiences with their own vehicles. I finally made the decision to replace my ailing '11 VW Tiguan in which I have a sort of love/hate relationship with.

I would consider myself to be of general skill level when it comes to cars. For context, I have rebuilt the engine on my '70 VW Beetle; upgraded the (air) cooling system; removed and pressed in new ball joints; replaced shocks; installed new wheel cylinders, hoses, hardware, and adjusted/bled the drum brakes; installed a new wire harness; added a third brake light and added in an accessory fuse box for a 12v power outlet and other doodads. Also, replaced the heater channels, floor pans, and performed some light, amateurish welding. On this Subaru, I've installed a tow hitch and added a trailer wiring harness. Got say that went pretty smooth except for the corroded muffler flange bolt that had to be cut off it was so badly corroded. PA and their salted roads...

I prefer to do my own fluid changes and general maintenance and from what I have seen on the YouTube, these vehicle are fairly straight forward, at least for general maintenance that I feel confident enough to attempt.

Here's hoping to a more enjoyable and less of a money-pit future.

Thanks for reading,
Ray

Ask a Question