Front Bearing Replacement & Power Steering Line

Reaction score
Hello fellow Subaru Drivers. I hope someone can help answer a question for me. I recently had my car in for a wheel bearing replacement. When I picked up the car all seemed just fine, Parked it in the garage, ready for work the next day. I go to pull out of the garage and I hear what I know is a power steering noise!!! Never had a problem the power steering, ever before. So the mechanics came to the house because I refused to drive it to them that way and put some fluid in it and they drove it back to the garage. I drove it myself after they said they fixed it. So today, 2 days after the steering incident, again...the power steering fluid noise is back.

My question: When they change the bearing is there any way they would have had to fiddle with the power steering line at all. I mean = at all. I need to know before I bring the car back to them on Monday when they open.

Thank you for your response and knowledge. I'm a woman and know a little bit about cars and mechanics...but this is way out of my league.

There shouldn't have been any interaction with any power steering lines.
But,,,,,,,never say never. Is Subaru still using fluid driven power steering? I thought everyone went electric a long time ago.

Ask a Question