Forester recommendations

Reaction score
I am shopping for new SUV as my toyotal gotten old, I have went on test drive 4-5 other competitor models for Forester, can someone please provide me honest feedback on Forester.. Typically if I buy a car, I keep it for 10 years, and I wanted to take enough time and buy correct one that more reliable and maintenance free.

I have decieded to cross over from Toyota to Subaru too. I like the boxer engine and the accessability to the oil filter as well. From what I have read you can not go wrong with this car. My corolla that I'm replacing is 15 years old and still is in good working order. Subaru wants to give me 3800 for it. The Forester Premium model is my choice for all the safety features. Here in Florida its MSRP or above. I'm holding out until labor day weekend to purchase.

Got a question for the group. Just purchased a 2023 forester wilderness and I'm looking to install cross bars for a future roof rack. I need a set that can handle a heavy load (around 700 pounds). I'm having a difficult time finding anything that can support that weight. Any suggestions?

Got a question for the group. Just purchased a 2023 forester wilderness and I'm looking to install cross bars for a future roof rack. I need a set that can handle a heavy load (around 700 pounds). I'm having a difficult time finding anything that can support that weight. Any suggestions?
Really? That is not correct to even contemplate that load (G-Force and Tipping).

Use a utility trailer for that type of load.

Sorry. I should have been more clear. I am not planning to carry 700 pounds on the roof rack when driving. My plan is to have a roof top tent (weight is less than 100 lbs). My roof rack is rated for 1200 lbs static load. Total load of my wife and mysel is 400 lbs.

I am shopping for new SUV as my toyotal gotten old, I have went on test drive 4-5 other competitor models for Forester, can someone please provide me honest feedback on Forester.. Typically if I buy a car, I keep it for 10 years, and I wanted to take enough time and buy correct one that more reliable and maintenance free.
We bought our first Subaru a few months ago, a 2023 Forester Premium. So far, we like it a lot and average 28-29 mpg. We paid $500 under MSRP from our local dealer even with having to order it. No other dealers had Premium models on hand for MSRP or below. We placed a refundable $500 deposit on the order and had our car in 2.5 months. The dealer is O'Steen Subaru/VW in Valdosta GA. Great, no pressure dealer and not our first purchase there.

No car is maintenance free and we keep cars far longer than 10 years. We sold our backup 2001 Mazda MPV after buying the Forester but still have our 2007 VW Jetta. I do all of the maintenance on our vehicles. We hope to keep the Forester for a long time too. I really like the Subaru powertrain design. It's proven itself over the years.

My wife has owned two outbacks and loved them so when It was my turn for a new car, I went with the Forester wilderness. I've been driving it for 6 weeks and I love everything about it. I'm 6'3" and there is no shortage of leg and head room. Drives like a dream both on and off road. Looks awesome too. Only one drawback, the MPG's. With the gearing on the Wilderness, you loose a few miles per gallon. So far I've averaged 21 MPG. Thats 95% city driving. The other trims packages get around 27MPG. Hope this helps.

My wife and I are on our 4th Forester. The other 3 Foresters we had for over 10 years. This is our new Forester Touring.

We’ve had very little trouble with these cars over the years. Are they perfect cars? Nope! But they are wonderful to own. Always loved the quality and the toughness!

Attachments

• SubieRear.jpg
    SubieRear.jpg
    582.2 KB · Views: 9
  • SubieFront.jpg
    SubieFront.jpg
    546.7 KB · Views: 8
  • SubieSide.jpg
    SubieSide.jpg
    542.8 KB · Views: 8

Ask a Question