Does P050A code affect brakes also? '11 Legacy

Reaction score
Had a weird issue with my 2011 Legacy Premium. I got a check engine light come on and I took it home to put my scanner on it. When I put it in park the emergency light button started flashing and the emergency brakes wouldn't release. The light kept flashing red. The check engine code was P050A. I cleared the code but the brakes were still stuck on for about 20 minutes until it "fixed" itself. Went out for about a week until the check engine light and brake lights are on. Any idea what the IAC has to do with the brakes? Thx

OBD II scan tools will not work within the Subuaru Network.
Subaru uses the SSM protocol (Subaru Select Monitor) to access the entire network.
Read this TSB and see if it fits your model and contact the dealer.

P050A may have an engine management relationship because the ECM monitors the EPB in the closed position.
A dealer style scan tool may find other controller faults.
Therefore, explain your earlier details with a Technician.

OBD II scan tools will not work within the Subuaru Network.
Subaru uses the SSM protocol (Subaru Select Monitor) to access the entire network.
Read this TSB and see if it fits your model and contact the dealer.

P050A may have an engine management relationship because the ECM monitors the EPB in the closed position.
A dealer style scan tool may find other controller faults.
Therefore, explain your earlier details with a Technician.
Thanks...I'll look into that

Ask a Question