Any Windshield Replacement Considerations With EyeSight System?

Reaction score
Are there any requirements or qualifications to consider when selecting a shop to replace a windshield on a vehicle with Subaru's EyeSight driver assistance system? The car is a 2018 Forester - it looks like the windshield took a hit from a small rock.

I replaced the windshield in my 2015 Outback w/EyeSight with OEM glass.

Apparently, the glass used with EyeSight is more than just a piece of glass. Aside from the sound proofing in the glass (and who knows what else), the glass must be calibrated for use with EyeSight. I chose to have Subaru replace the glass as for I didn't want to mess around with any after-installation issues.

Are there any requirements or qualifications to consider when selecting a shop to replace a windshield on a vehicle with Subaru's EyeSight driver assistance system? The car is a 2018 Forester - it looks like the windshield took a hit from a small rock.
Yes, my understanding only Subaru dealer can do it bc of B maybe needing specialized equipment. Maybe windshield business can do it. But I don’t know for sure.

Ask a Question