Alternatives to Starlink in Massachusetts?

Reaction score
Just drove a new 2024 Impreza RS off the lot only to find out Starlink is completely blocked in Massachusetts. I understand and support "Right to Repair" and data privacy - that shouldn't be called into question. At first I blamed the state/voters, but now I'm blaming Subaru! They need to get their tech people together and update their systems. Separate any data collection practices or at least sequester them with better encryption. Somethings gotta give with all the Subie owners around here. Even if the lawsuit is a win against the state it isn't going to change the fundamentals of the law and the fact that Subaru needs to allow private repair shops to access their systems.

All that being said, anyone have decent alternatives to Starlink? What a crazy joke to have all this functionality, which would be free with my new Impreza, just sitting idle. Remote features, including safety and security features, are all disabled! While we wait for Subaru to decide to put their customers first, what are the options for alternatives? Thanks.

Ask a Question