2024 Ascent Touring

Reaction score
We just purchased a 2024 Subaru in February 2024 to do some traveling, with our 2 dogs. They get the Captains Chairs in the 2nd row and we get the back to pack along all their food and some clothes for ourselves. So far, I love everything about the car except the Eyesight. I found a seat cover with a stiff bottom, that can support the weight of the dogs, that runs the entire back seat, even between the Captains chairs; so they have the run of the second row. If and when we go out for dinner with Human friends, they get to borrow the 2nd row Captains chairs.

Now the down side:
We live in South Texas, where sun and heat is a constant. The Eyesight system however never works when the sun Is out. On cloudy days, it starts 'on' and stays 'on'. However when the sun is out, it disables itself almost immediately anywhere from pulling out of the driveway to 100 yards down the road, a 'white' message that says 'Eyesight Disabled'. It does not come back on until restarting the car and even then, disables almost immediately . It has been into the shop (3 weeks after taking possession ) but they could not find anything wrong and no one else is coming to the dealership with the same issue. One idea expressed was that the hood or windshield was dirty and causing the issue, so I took to washing the window and dusting the pollen and dirt of the hood before using the car, but that had no impact.

I have been searching the forums to see if anyone else is having this same issue. At this point my thinking is:
1) If there are others having the same problem , then the eyesight system has a systemic design flaw that Subaru is not acknowledging
OR
2). There is a flaw in my eyesight system but the dealership won't acknowledge it or can't find it.

I am hoping to find others having the same issues.

Ask a Question