2020 Legacy Hood Latch Sensor

Reaction score
I make short trips and don't drive daily so I keep a Battery Minder/Charger on it when at home.
But when the hood is open, the security system won't go into Surveillance mode.
Anyone know how to disable the sensor so the system will think the hood is closed?

1) Attach and secure the Battery Minder/Charger into the engine bay.
2) Run an added made up cable (120V) and attach to the Battery Minder/Charger.
3) Secure the opposite end of the cable as it exits through the upper or lower grill.

1) Attach and secure the Battery Minder/Charger into the engine bay.
2) Run an added made up cable (120V) and attach to the Battery Minder/Charger.
3) Secure the opposite end of the cable as it exits through the upper or lower grill.
Thanks, that's a good idea but I don't like mounting the maintainer in the hot engine compartment. And I don't trust myself to unplug the power cord when I don't see the hood open to remind my to unplug it. Disabling the sensor seems like the best way.

The maintainers we use reside in the passenger compartment. The attachments are direct to the positive side (B+) and negative side ground (B-) of the fuse panel. We also run the 120V cable close to the driver side wiper tray as the reminder for the vehicle owner. The cable is colored bright orange.
If this is not good enough then bypass or close the switch at the latch but now you are your own insurance company, warranty company.
Without a model designation, it is impossible to find a matching schematic for the switch.

Attachments

• 2020 Legacy.png
    2020 Legacy.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 2
The maintainers we use reside in the passenger compartment. The attachments are direct to the positive side (B+) and negative side ground (B-) of the fuse panel. We also run the 120V cable close to the driver side wiper tray as the reminder for the vehicle owner. The cable is colored bright orange.
If this is not good enough then bypass or close the switch at the latch but now you are your own insurance company, warranty company.
Without a model designation, it is impossible to find a matching schematic for the switch.
I'm not sure I'm up to the project you describe, but a schematic would be nice to have. Can you tell me about the maintainers you use?

It's a 2020 Legacy Premium, with these Options: Option Package 13 (Blind Spot Detection w/ Rear Cross Traffic Alert & Lane Change Assist, Keyless Access w/ Push- Button Start, LED Fog Lights). and Mirror Compass w/ Homelink.

BTW, after 41 months mileage is 9,500.

2020 Legacy Premium

Schematics are currently unavailable for that model but the dealer can print a copy.
This link offers images for the hood latch.
The Switch can be bypassed in the closed position.
ie: double contact, double throw switch (have a professional install and instruct its use).

Get these for all your keys to protect the vehicle from theft. The key needs to be exposed to open and start. The pouch will protect the key(s) from unauthorized hacking / reading.
Faraday Cage example:

Battery minder (wire the charging side with eyelets for security)
2 to 5 AMPs is enough to maintain the battery 24/7.

2020 Legacy Premium

Schematics are currently unavailable for that model but the dealer can print a copy.
This link offers images for the hood latch.
The Switch can be bypassed in the closed position.
ie: double contact, double throw switch (have a professional install and instruct its use).

Get these for all your keys to protect the vehicle from theft. The key needs to be exposed to open and start. The pouch will protect the key(s) from unauthorized hacking / reading.
Faraday Cage example:

Battery minder (wire the charging side with eyelets for security)
2 to 5 AMPs is enough to maintain the battery 24/7.
Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question