2017 Legacy lane keep assist, lane departure warning and collision avoidance not working.

Reaction score
Last year we got my mother in laws 2017 Subaru Legacy Limited with Eyesight. Recently my son was in a minor low speed T-bone accident affecting the drivers side. The vehicle was repaired (at a collision center recommended by our insurance company) and returned to us. It seems most of the sensor related safety features are not working correctly. The mirrors would not adjust due to the control not being installed and connected correctly and blind spot monitoring was not working. The lane departure warning sounds but not until the car is already on or crossing the lines on either side. The steering wheel sometimes feels tight like it is pulling while driving straight an centered in the lane but when I try to veer toward the lines on either side there is no pull (deliberately veering, when no other cars around, to test functionality of lane keep.) The braking assist for collision avoidance also does not appear to be working. Though I don't know how close you can get before it does activate. There is no warning or braking when I am approaching the car in front of me for the distance I feel is too closely ( a couple car lengths away). The indicator on the dash panel does not show that function is off or that there is an malfunction. I took the car back to the repair center and they said they had everything recalibrated and returned the car to me again. The blind spot appears to be the only thing that was fixed. All of the other detection/correction is still not working properly. We did not have any of these issues prior the the accident/repair. The car would sound the lane depart warning when it was about a foot or so from the line, and would pull toward center at that time as well. I have only felt the car brake assist once when traffic abruptly slowed and a car jumped into my lane. So I did know that was functional prior. The instrument panel is not indication there are any malfunctions. Would this possibly be a sensor issue? (None of the sensors were directly affected in the accident). Is calibration something that adjusts itself over the course of driving? Like "learning" the road/lines? Or should it be very accurate if it was indeed recalibrated? I really don't want to bring it back to this collision center for a third time.

Have the systems completely scanned and re calibrated.
Inform the insurance company of the poor repair (including the body shop) and have a professional re-calibrate the Driver Assist Systems.

Ask a Question