2004 outback Front end damage- whats next?

Reaction score
Hey guys
I was in a collision going 25 miles an hour and hit another vehicle. The airbags did not go off. But the bumper is ruined and the hood is damaged. The car has 155K miles and runs great/aside from burning oil. 1 qt every 350 hundred miles.

Insurance is giving me $4500. = total loss..
I drove it home after the accident and bent some metal and plastic out of the way so I could drive it without tires rubbing on wheel well enclosure.
It ran fine, 60mph for 5 minutes.
But then all of the hazard lights came on the dash. Then they would go off once I was stopped..
Unfortunately, I did not remove the terminals from the battery and the batteries dead now. I am charging the battery and hopefully tomorrow I can get a computer read out of what error codes I am getting.
Hoping to have a mechanic look at it soon to figure what’s wrong with it.

I’ve had the car for 10 years/40k miles and have only repaired $1800 in a stabilizer? which prevented the rear end from sliding left and right, timing belt at 118k.
The windshield is cracked, I know the CV joints are going and there are random electrical things that have not worked for a while like cruise control, shifter light..

Are there any other maintenance issues that you guys could foresee happening?

I would like to just get it buttoned back up and be able to use it. Repair what I can and hopefully have the error codes resolved. Then, I’m thinking of selling it and looking for something a bit newer/less miles .
If I try to sell it, Should I take it to a salvage yard? or try to sell it to individuals?
Thoughts?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4395.jpeg
    IMG_4395.jpeg
    354.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Ask a Question