2003 Outback (Legacy)

Reaction score
Hey Guys, new today in here.
I have a 2003 Outback H6 3.0 that I just swapped out the tranny on with one I got from a salvage yard (4EAT). all numbers matched between the two transmissions.
After I got it back out on the road I could not get it to change gears, stayed in 1st the whole time no matter the rps. Even when I shifted put in 2nd or 3rd gear, it always stayed in 1st. Checked for transmissions codes and the only thing that showed up was a P1497, High input on coil 3, EGR. This didnt make any since to me so i removed the tranny and returned to the salvage yard. They have given me another to try but asked the question "did you reprogram the car to the newer transmission?"
I have not done any reprogramming nor do i think i need to with this old of a vehicle.
Can anyone tell me anything different? do I need to reprogram at the dealer? The AT Temp High light was blinking fast, I would clear the code and it would come back as soon as I put the car in reverse, tranny still cool.
Thanks for any info.

Ask a Question