2003 Baja Rough Startup/Misfire

Reaction score
ok, so i got an 03 Baja with a 5spd Manual on a trade. This is my first subaru, but i am familiar with them, as my buddy is a bit of a fanatic. Ok, so to preface this, it has 220k miles. new water pump, new head gaskets, new timing belt, new coil packs, new ignition pack, new plugs and wires. Now for my issue. It has issues starting in the morning, like wont fire til the third or fourth time i crank it over. then it misfires/stalls for a few attempts, then finally is able to hold itself afloat, but still missing pretty bad. i give it some gas to clear out the heads, misfire will go away, until i go to move, then it wants to bog and stall, especially in 1st and 2nd. and even sometimes driving highway going from 4th to 5th, it will catch a misfire, then works itself out. ive only had this thing for a few days, and i really want to make it work, but im unsure which direction i need to move in, as this is my first subaru, but also it hasnt thrown a CEL at all....i was thinking possible fuel injectors first, double check all the plugs and coils, then maybe a vacuum check? but i just dont know. any help is appreciated.

I’m just curious if you ever solved the problem, I have the same year with all the new parts you have and experiencing the exact same thing.

Ask a Question