Tire tread life really short on 2019 Ascent

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a 2019 Ascent with the standard Falken 18" tires. I took my car in for recall service today, and after only about 16,000 miles, the dealer says my tires are ready to be replaced. In response to my surprise at this extremely low mileage, the dealer said that AWD wears out tires much faster. I keep my tires properly inflated, checking pressure regularly. I'm definitely not a lead foot, but I do drive in LA traffic.

This seems like a ridiculously low number of miles for a set of new tires. Any thoughts?

FYI, in general, I love the Ascent. Hate the radio turning on every time I start the car, though, even if I had it off. What a stupid, annoying choice that is from Subaru!

Thanks,

P

Hi everyone,

I have a 2019 Ascent with the standard Falken 18" tires. I took my car in for recall service today, and after only about 16,000 miles, the dealer says my tires are ready to be replaced. In response to my surprise at this extremely low mileage, the dealer said that AWD wears out tires much faster. I keep my tires properly inflated, checking pressure regularly. I'm definitely not a lead foot, but I do drive in LA traffic.

This seems like a ridiculously low number of miles for a set of new tires. Any thoughts?

FYI, in general, I love the Ascent. Hate the radio turning on every time I start the car, though, even if I had it off. What a stupid, annoying choice that is from Subaru!

Thanks,

P

I had mine for almost 26K. That is still low by my standards. I just put on Goodyear All weather tires good for 80K miles. Hope for the best

Ask a Question