Tire Question ???

J

John S. Mickler

Hi, I own a 2001 Outback Limited Wagon. I recently noticed that I had a nail in the sidewall of my left rear tire. Upon going to the tire dealer, I was told that the Firestone Wilderness is no longer available. Also if I was going to replace the one tire I should replace the other rear tire too. The tires have 25,500 miles on them and this they say is the reason I should replace the other tire is the fact that I would have one new and one old; balancing factor ????????

Does anyone know whether or not the Wilderness is being made anymore ???

Any suggestions are welcome. Probably the first thing I should do is get another opinion from a different dealer.

Jm

Do you have a a spare Wilderness you can use? How much tread depth do you have on the worn tire? If it's over 1/2 worn I'd just get two new. Ed
Hi, I own a 2001 Outback Limited Wagon. I recently noticed that I had a nail in the sidewall of my left rear tire. Upon going to the tire dealer, I was told that the Firestone Wilderness is no longer available. Also if I was going to replace the one tire I should replace the other rear tire too. The tires have 25,500 miles on them and this they say is the reason I should replace the other tire is the fact that I would have one new and one old; balancing factor ????????

Does anyone know whether or not the Wilderness is being made anymore ???

Any suggestions are welcome. Probably the first thing I should do is get another opinion from a different dealer.

Jm

I'm confused. It was my understanding (from reading) that all 4 tires on
Subaru AWD (and probably other AWD/4WD) needed to be very (within 1/4"?)
close the the same circumference to reduce 'torque bind' or issues
related to stress on the differentials and AT clutch packs.

Carl
1 Lucky Texan

Ask a Question