Roof rack?

Reaction score
Anyone know if there are any options for cross rails for my roof? It did not occur to me that this would be an issue. Subaru and Toyota dealership say that there is nothing yet. The one that Amazon recommended as compatable did not work. Ebay motors has nothing, and autoparts stores are out of luck.

Any ideas? Aftermarket is fine.

I know what Google is. My issue is that the soltera comes with flush roof rails that require a special kit to attach the cross bars too. Thule makes one, or at least has one on the web page, but it is out of stock everywhere, and it is not clear if it has ever been in stock. Thule part # 187133.

Anyway, I would be grateful if anyone knows where to source the thule part in the usa, or alternatively some other solution that hooks into the divots in the flush rails.

Anyone know if there are any options for cross rails for my roof? It did not occur to me that this would be an issue. Subaru and Toyota dealership say that there is nothing yet. The one that Amazon recommended as compatable did not work. Ebay motors has nothing, and autoparts stores are out of luck.

What car do you have? I’m thinking to buy a Subaru Outback Onyx (or perhaps Limited) 2023 and I’m rethinking it now because of their rack system. It is cool in a way but not for people who need a wider cross bar. I haven’t found a great solution yet. Yakima and Thule apparently make something but with both systems the cross bars stand pretty tall above the roof of the car.

Hi Rusty,
I just wanted to make sure you already know that Outback has built-in cross rails. It may not work for everyone, but it does have two.

I have the same question. I need to carry two 16' canoes side by side so crossbars need to be 60+ inches wide, and wider apart front to back. It's ironic that Subaru with its outdoorsy reputation doesn't offer a more functional rooftop rack, at least as an option. Rhino Racks, Thule and Yakima probably have some options so I'm going to look into those next

Ask a Question