2009 forester, new Ecu , will not start because of security system

Reaction score
I Have a 2009 Forester, I Had to Buy a new ECU Because I only have a signal on pin 1 going into coil, my ecu has different Vin. And will not start because of that , can I have the key reprogrammed to ecu vin . And will it start then ???

I’m pretty sure you need the ECU/immobilizer module to match. I don’t think programming in the key fob will do it. It’s still a programming issue and you’ll need the particular OBD programmer function to fix it.

I’m pretty sure you need the ECU/immobilizer module to match. I don’t think programming in the key fob will do it. It’s still a programming issue and you’ll need the particular OBD programmer function to fix it.
Key fob has it's own 8 digit code , and by reprogramming the key to the ecu vin should change it in the immobilizer in the steering column.....Right

No harm in trying. Let us know if that’s all you needed to prg.
Registration must be carried out when an additional key is purchased or when either a key, ECM (electronic control module, i.e. the brain) or combination meter is replaced. The procedure includes initialization of the system and re-registration of the ID code. Once initialized, the system loses the ID code it has retained so far and has no code until a new code is registered.
ID codes for up to four keys (transponders) can be registered with a car.
Registration is carried out by an authorized dealer using a select monitor and a special program. Access to the program is strictly controlled for reasons of security.

Ask a Question