2006 impreza 2.5i Oxygen sensor plug doesnt fit into connector.

Reaction score
Hi i am having trouble with replacing my upstream oxygen sensor because of the plug not fitting into the connector. Im 100% sure i have the right part but i think the connector is aftermarket. What do i do.

There are 2 connectors:

1. Oxygen Sensor
2. Air fuel ratio sensor

Air fuel ratio sensor looks like a oxygen sensor but is different.
I suspect this is the problem

Can you send a picture of what the connectors look like?

I've always gone by when 1 goes the other isn't far behind. That is up to you though.

There is a way to tell the difference:

Oxygen sensor is towards the back of the car
The air fuel ratio sensor has a round washer looking cover over the sensor.
If I remember right air fuel sensor has a brown connector.

This is the ones that connect. The part that is suppose to fit doesnt connect.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 12
Ok those are the right connectors for the O2 sensor. Those connectors should connect from what I see. I have run into where the alignment tabs (the stubs on the side of the connector) not line up. That happens you can either modify it or get another one. I've always gotten another one

Ok those are the right connectors for the O2 sensor. Those connectors should connect from what I see. I have run into where the alignment tabs (the stubs on the side of the connector) not line up. That happens you can either modify it or get another one. I've always gotten another one
Where can i get another connecter?

Sorry meant another oxygen sensor. You can if you didn't destroy it use the connector on the bad O2. Better thing to do though is get another sensor

If you are driving the car go to your local automotive store that you bought the sensor from and explain to them what is going on and they will probably come out and help you. Once they see it doesn't connect they will try to make it right to keep the sale.

If you are driving the car go to your local automotive store that you bought the sensor from and explain to them what is going on and they will probably come out and help you. Once they see it doesn't connect they will try to make it right to keep the sale.
Okay thank you i appreciate your help

Ask a Question