2005 Subaru Forester LL Bean

Reaction score
My wife's Subaru just started this problem last night. The rear passenger window was rolled down, which is electric. It can't be rolled up, but all other windows work perfectly. The driver door switches work great for the other windows as does the switches on the other doors, but not for the rear passenger window. I've tried to pull it up while engaging the switch without any luck. I'm guessing it is the window motor that went out, but not sure. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, let me know what your solution was.

Thank you

Test / inspect for damaged wiring between the door and door pillar
With the affected door switch removed, follow the schematic.
An ATV or Motor Cycle battery can operate the window motor (Up Down) by switching polarity.
If not comfortable with this test, rely on a professional.

You're Welcome

Attachments

• 2005 Forester LL Bean Windows.pdf
    74.5 KB · Views: 2
My wife's Subaru just started this problem last night. The rear passenger window was rolled down, which is electric. It can't be rolled up, but all other windows work perfectly. The driver door switches work great for the other windows as does the switches on the other doors, but not for the rear passenger window. I've tried to pull it up while engaging the switch without any luck. I'm guessing it is the window motor that went out, but not sure. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, let me know what your solution was.

Thank you
I don't have that window but the wires that run through the rubber sleeve on my car caused rear wiper aand other issues. Also one of my rear door windows doesn't work from the driver panel only it's own switch. Good luck

Ask a Question