Water getting into my rear lights

Reaction score
Every time it rains, I get water in my rear lights. I have exposed the rear lights by removing all the plastic components on the hatch. When I open my trunk, it comes pouring out of the light bulb sockets. In one photo attached, I have the lightbulbs hanging from their wires, in the other photo you can see all the moisture inside the lights.

Any idea of where I need to seal it? Anyone else experience this before?

This is an Impreza Outback Sport

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

Attachments

• 20230508_160852.jpg
    20230508_160852.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230508_160901.jpg
    20230508_160901.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 3
If it has a sunroof, check the sunroof drains for disconnected hoses or obstructions.
Remove the assembly for inspection and look for damage or cracks in the plastic housing.
If the lights are aftermarket question the quality. If the lamp assemblies have aftermarket bulbs, question the seals and installation.

No sunroof. I will remove the assembly and take a look. But, odd that it would be both sides. I guess both sides could have cracked.

I was under the impression it was a seal somewhere around the light. I will look deeper.

Ask a Question