2002 Subaru Legacy GTB

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a Twin turbo 2002 Legacy GTB with about 155,000 kms and have been having the most frustrating issue.

It started a couple months back, and it only happens when the car is warm, it seems the longer it is running the worse the issue gets. It first started with a small periods of misfiring, then it would snap out of it and run great, the weeks went by and the periods of misfiring would be more frequent and last longer. A few more weeks went by and then it started to feel like more cylinders were starting to misfire, and it was almost constant when the car was warm, I also did smell gas fumes on initial start up. Fast forward until now, once the car is warm, it is almost un-drive able. It feels like it is practically running on one cylinder, zero power. It will sometimes snap out of this mode and drive fine for a few minutes, and then out of now where, Boom the misfires start again.

I have changed the coolant temp sensor and the ignition coils are fairly new (10,000 kms). I am stumped and am wondering any suggestions so I don't pour money into things that won't help.

Thanks,

Aaron

Ask a Question