Trailer light

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Subaru Legacy Base, installed a hitch. I am looking to connect trailer lights, I do not have a trailer light adapter plug, that I can see. How is the trailer light adapter connected?

My 2014 Legacy was specifically rated to NOT pull a trailer. The Outback was rated to pull small trailers and even came with a hitch and wiring.

Since the Outback is basically a station wagon version of the Legacy, you might look into getting the adapter for the same year Outback. You may have to get this from your dealer.

Last resort will be to get a generic adapter and splice the individual wires into your vehicles wiring harness. Many mechanics who will do this for you will use pinch connectors, they are very unreliable and can even cause short circuits.

Subaru dealers do have an option for handicapped owners to put in a hitch that carries wheel chair carriers. I don't think they require additional lights though.

Thank you for the reply. According to the manual and from some research, can tow up to 3,000 lbs. I do have an adapter coming that plug to current rear lighting t connector for each side and long fused lead for power to battery. Should be good once completed. Thank you, David

Ask a Question