Any Windshield Replacement Considerations With EyeSight System?

Reaction score
Are there any requirements or qualifications to consider when selecting a shop to replace a windshield on a vehicle with Subaru's EyeSight driver assistance system? The car is a 2018 Forester - it looks like the windshield took a hit from a small rock.

I replaced the windshield in my 2015 Outback w/EyeSight with OEM glass.

Apparently, the glass used with EyeSight is more than just a piece of glass. Aside from the sound proofing in the glass (and who knows what else), the glass must be calibrated for use with EyeSight. I chose to have Subaru replace the glass as for I didn't want to mess around with any after-installation issues.

Are there any requirements or qualifications to consider when selecting a shop to replace a windshield on a vehicle with Subaru's EyeSight driver assistance system? The car is a 2018 Forester - it looks like the windshield took a hit from a small rock.
Yes, my understanding only Subaru dealer can do it bc of B maybe needing specialized equipment. Maybe windshield business can do it. But I don’t know for sure.

Safelight replaced mine (2019 Outback w/ Eyesight) They replaced and calibrated the EyeSight.

Safelight replaced mine (2019 Outback w/ Eyesight) They replaced and calibrated the EyeSight.

Good to know, thanks. If we go through insurance, Safelight is their windshield partner.

Did the Eyesight calibration require the Outback to be taken to a Safelight service center, or was it done by one of their mobile units?

Ask a Question