Windshield washer fluid

Reaction score
I was recently driving in sub-freezing temperatures over slushy roads when I tried to clean off my window. The washer fluid would not spray onto the window since it had apparently frozen up in the line between the reservoir and the sprayer. This created a very dangerous condition due to the fact that I was not able to clean off the dirty, road slush thus dangerously, reducing my visibility considerably. I was only able to squirt cleaner fluid on the windshield when I had reached an area that was above 32F degrees.
When I got home, I explained the problem to two Subaru dealers in my area and both mentioned that the standard windshield fluid did not have an anti freeze element in it. This is very puzzling that Subaru would not have anti freeze in the recommended fluid for cleaning the windshield in even moderate winter conditions. Are Subaru's only meant to be driven in fair weather in the summer?

Ask a Question