Windshield tint and EyeSight

Reaction score
Has anybody tried tinting their front windshield, has that caused any problems with EyeSight.

I have a medical exception that allows me to install tint on my front windshield, I am looking at purchasing a new CrossTrek but I just noticed that to install the window tint the way I need, it would require this film to be installed in front of the EyeSight, I literally have to use the firm on any area that would allow unfiltered sunlight into the cabin.

I have options on what type of tint I can use, I know that metallic causes issues with RF, but I wouldn't think EyeSight is bothered by RF, but the tint I usually get would be about 30-35%, I don't need it to be too dark, but usually go for the same tint that is legal on the front side windows, its not super dark, but its darker than what the car comes with.

The only things I am able to find from Subaru is when its talking about toll passes or dashcam's, those things do block view, so that is very different than using Window tint.

Good morning!
We have only been driving our new Crosstrek for 2 weeks ( love it!!) and realize it needs some window tinting. We were told the front windshield could not be tinted due to the “ eyesight” feature. We tinted the side windows and I’m hoping that will help some. I was hoping for a darker tinted band across the front windshield but certainly didn’t want to disable the eyesight feature. I guess I’ll need sunglasses all the time. Anyone else solved this issue ?

Good morning!
We have only been driving our new Crosstrek for 2 weeks ( love it!!) and realize it needs some window tinting. We were told the front windshield could not be tinted due to the “ eyesight” feature. We tinted the side windows and I’m hoping that will help some. I was hoping for a darker tinted band across the front windshield but certainly didn’t want to disable the eyesight feature. I guess I’ll need sunglasses all the time. Anyone else solved this issue ?

It looks like some people have done it, and have had no problems, I decided not to, the eyesight was more important to me

Has anybody tried tinting their front windshield, has that caused any problems with EyeSight.

I have a medical exception that allows me to install tint on my front windshield, I am looking at purchasing a new CrossTrek but I just noticed that to install the window tint the way I need, it would require this film to be installed in front of the EyeSight, I literally have to use the firm on any area that would allow unfiltered sunlight into the cabin.

I have options on what type of tint I can use, I know that metallic causes issues with RF, but I wouldn't think EyeSight is bothered by RF, but the tint I usually get would be about 30-35%, I don't need it to be too dark, but usually go for the same tint that is legal on the front side windows, its not super dark, but its darker than what the car comes with.

The only things I am able to find from Subaru is when its talking about toll passes or dashcam's, those things do block view, so that is very different than using Window tint.
I have 50% full windshield tint (ceramic). Barely noticeable difference with my own eyes. Eyesight is unaffected, or at least I haven't noticed any difference even driving at night or rainy day, or even rainy night. But when the sun in shining directly at the windshield I can hardly feel the head building up on my face, and stare at the sun with just a gentle squint. In short it's absolutely worth getting 50% tint and nobody can tell that you have it.
The rest of my windows have all legal 25% tint.

Ask a Question