Windshield Modeling on Forester Touring

Reaction score
When it rains there is an odd modeling pattern on the outside of the windshield like that shown in the attached. Had the car just one month recently rained while driving at night and restricts vision and reflects on coming headlights. Dealer says “no problem found” even with pictures I took when it was in for service. No other time is this modeling except for when it rains.

Any ideas? I have never put any sort of chemical like Rain X or other agent.
Thanks.

Attachments

• A528B51E-CF0C-4BD1-B27D-0B2A3FCEFE99.jpeg
    A528B51E-CF0C-4BD1-B27D-0B2A3FCEFE99.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 24
The glass should be looked at for "sand blasting" over time.
Seen this before in the evenings with headlamp glare. I call it light scatter.
I have heard of professionals polishing glass and the key word is "professional".
If there is a defect, replace the glass.
Rain X is a great solution but the glass needs to be exceptionally cleaned with followup applications.

Last edited:
Thanks, there is something their for sure, not visible night or day unless the glass is wet with a more pronounced pattern at night from ambient light sources, street lights or headlights of other vehicles. Your icon reminds me that when this 21T creeps out of warranty, I’ll likely need to redeploy my Rigol to the garage assuming wiring diagrams are as freely available as they are for GMC vehicles.

Drain and test the washer fluid. Don't reuse it.
Clean the washer container as best as possible and add new fluid.
Ammonia is not the best application and can damage automotive tint.
That type of household product is discouraged.
Go towards reputable automotive products.

Ask a Question