Windsheild sun shade

Reaction score
Hey, I was wanting to know if a custom sun shade is needed for windshields that have Eye Sight. I have read that objects in the windshield and on the dash can damage the cameras. Would be nice to get some info on this. I live in Texas, and my car gets pretty hot when it has been sitting in the summer sun for a while. Also want to protect my dash from the sun too. Thanks for the help.

Sun shades are not expensive, so getting one is a good idea. It will protect the interior from the harmful UV rays.

Sun shades are not expensive, so getting one is a good idea. It will protect the interior from the harmful UV rays.

What is the best kind of sun shade to get for my 2017 WRX with EyeSight. I ask this because it is important that the shade will fit around the camera housing. I do not want to damage the cameras. Some people have said to buy one that you can cut to fit the windshield. All the ones I have seen are made of mesh, or fabric that is stitched on the edges. If you cut them it will damage the shade. Maybe they are flexible enough to contour to the shape of the interior trim? This is why I ask what works with EyeSight. Thanks for helping me with this.

Ask a Question