Window motor or switch or?

Reaction score
2018 Subaru Outback. My grandson powered down the rear passenger window and it wouldn’t power back up. The driver switch wouldn’t do anything as well for that window (works for the other three). I pulled it all apart and:

After pulling the motor out, I’m able to connect it to a external 12v battery and the motor operates in both directions (by switching the wires +/-). So I powered the motor to the up position and reinstalled in the door. I was able to power it back down, but not back up using the switch. The driver door control doesn’t work in either direction.

Could it be the door switch? Why wouldn’t the driver switch for that window work then?

2018 Subaru Outback. My grandson powered down the rear passenger window and it wouldn’t power back up. The driver switch wouldn’t do anything as well for that window (works for the other three). I pulled it all apart and:

After pulling the motor out, I’m able to connect it to a external 12v battery and the motor operates in both directions (by switching the wires +/-). So I powered the motor to the up position and reinstalled in the door. I was able to power it back down, but not back up using the switch. The driver door control doesn’t work in either direction.

Could it be the door switch? Why wouldn’t the driver switch for that window work then?

This might seem strange as a reply but I recently experienced something similar - all my windows worked from the driver side except the front passenger window. Then a few days later I couldn't get the car started and had to get boosted. I ended up getting my battery changed (original in 2017 and now Apr. 2022). The passenger window now works fine from the driver side. When I asked in the service dept. they said that as the battery starts to fail it show up in small things - like the power window! And yet, the car still started! Seems strange but all is good now!

Ask a Question