Will aftermarket addition of rear parking assist sensors void a new car warranty?

Reaction score
I'm considering the purchase of a 2023 Forester Premium but rear parking assist is not available as a factory-installed option on this trim level. I'm seeing mixed comments as to whether or not this will void the warranty. In 2013, I had aftermarket rear parking assist sensors installed on my new Forester 2.0 XT Forester Premium and it did not have any impact on warranty at that time.
I would appreciate your comments and knowing your experiences.
Thx,
JRC

I'm considering the purchase of a 2023 Forester Premium but rear parking assist is not available as a factory-installed option on this trim level. I'm seeing mixed comments as to whether or not this will void the warranty. In 2013, I had aftermarket rear parking assist sensors installed on my new Forester 2.0 XT Forester Premium and it did not have any impact on warranty at that time.
I would appreciate your comments and knowing your experiences.
Thx,
JRC
I htink that would be a question for dealer.

Nothing added to the vehicle will void warranty if not affecting the original equipment.

Ask a Question