Which cars, engine 2.0t?

Reaction score
Hi,

New to the forum and not yet a Subaru owner. Would love to get some help or direction in searching for a suitable car (engine actually). I’m planning for an engine swap in an classic mini. I’d like a 2.0 turbo engine, but below 200hp (not allowed to register with higher). I know forrester S does have 2.0t and 170hp, does anyone know more models with the same engine? (Or other alternatives on 2,0t).

it would be really good if there is any alternative which is easy (cheap) to upgrade after registration, to above 200hp.

Thankful for any help!

Interesting build you have planned...what I would like to know is why would it cost more to have a higher HP engine. That doesnt make any sense??

Welcome by the way. I hope you find this forum useful

Interesting build you have planned...what I would like to know is why would it cost more to have a higher HP engine. That doesnt make any sense??

Welcome by the way. I hope you find this forum useful

hi, thanks for your reply. The thing is, I’m planning to register the car to be allowed in regular traffic. To do so, quite many rules apply and there is a certain maximum weight/power ratio allowed. Since the weight will be fairly low I believe I need to stay a bit below 200 hp to meet this requirement.

However, when the registration is through I’d certainly love to upgrade the engine for more power (or even switch it completely if cheaper).

But I need to have the turbo in place for registration, I will not be allowed to add it afterwards. hence I’m looking for a ”low” power engine.

Ask a Question