What was it like negotiating for a new vehicle during Covid?

Reaction score
I typically stop by multiple places after getting their lowest offer online. I suppose that won't be possible now.

Did you guys just call every facility?

It was no problem at all. First I got a price on the new 2021 from TruCar. Negotiated with two dealerships directly, in person, social distancing etc. Got it for invoice. Then I called Subaru Customer Appreciation and got a $500 off coupon too (and a box of brownies!)

picked up the car today. No issues at all.

bought 2 new vehicles during covid and they jacked the prices up about 10k each due to not being able to get parts. There was no negotiating they ripped everyone off everywhere

Ordered a 2023 crosstrex in August 2022, was told it would be ready in 7 months. Dealer called in January and said they are only making 2024 models, and the 2024 comes with a sunroof and would be $500,00 more. Dealer called again at the end of March, was told car will be in shortly, but car will be $2500.00 more and the interest rate that was locked in is no longer locked in. The dealer says it was Subaru Canada that is responsible for the increase, so we tried to contact head office no option to talk to customer service.. Went to head office, no way to get in, or talk to someone. Finally somehow got customer service on the phone, explained the situation to them, basically was told it was the dealers issue. They ensued me that they would get back to us, but have never called back. Again the big corperations gouge people by increassing the car price by 8% and the interest rate by 1.5%. Hopefully one day people will remember how this car company gouged people and stop buying there cars.

Ask a Question