What Subaru Tranny is this?

Reaction score
Hello all..I bought this new subaru rebuilt tranny from a guy who said it would fit my earley 03 forester..Got all installed but the electronics were different..The tranny would drive but like in safe mode like a computer.There was no number stamped on top of the housing. The guy said this tranny was for a late 03 and 04 forester..I ended up buying a used one from junk yard with same guts..After pulling pan on both tranny's I saw the guts are different..Any help to identify would be helpful. The first pic is from new tranny and second pic is orig bad tranny

Attachments

• DSCN1740 04 LL-Bean.JPG
    DSCN1740 04 LL-Bean.JPG
    369.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN1729-03 Forester.JPG
    DSCN1729-03 Forester.JPG
    413.7 KB · Views: 51
Hello all..I bought this new subaru rebuilt tranny from a guy who said it would fit my earley 03 forester..Got all installed but the electronics were different..The tranny would drive but like in safe mode like a computer.There was no number stamped on top of the housing. The guy said this tranny was for a late 03 and 04 forester..I ended up buying a used one from junk yard with same guts..After pulling pan on both tranny's I saw the guts are different..Any help to identify would be helpful. The first pic is from new tranny and second pic is orig bad tranny
u better make sure same gear ratio as your tear diff
u can look up the numbers to see gear ratios

JimTheMechanic@
Yah00

Ask a Question