What does this connector go to??

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Subaru Legacy. I noticed a 2-pin connector with a wiring harness that goes back to the main commuter harness. The connector is not connected to anything but it does appear that is was at one point. I looked all around where it should be plugged into given the length of wire it's connected to but found no open mating connector. Can someone tell me where this should plugged in at?

Attachments

• Con3.jpg
    Con3.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Con2.jpg
    Con2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Con1.jpg
    Con1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 93
Usually the Mass Air Flow sensor has more than two pins, but I’m a GM guy and new to Subarus. However, I am guessing that it could also be the Intake Temperature Sensor, which is often just two pins. Look on that intake pipe for any plugs missing a connector. There should be a plug in the MAF sensor closer to the air box (bottom right in Con3.jpg) and a plug in the AIT sensor (anywhere in the intake pipe between the MAF and the throttlebody). Usually, the engine will run very poorly with either disconnected, worse with the MAF disconnected, and either will throw a code and engine light.

Does your car run without it connected? Looks like mine which has never been connected since I bought the car

Ask a Question