What do I need to know

Reaction score
Hello, I am a younger car enthusiast with relatively little experience compared to a lot of people. On top of that, I have never owned any Subaru vehicle, nor has any of my family or close friends. So, have basically no knowledge of the quirks and kinks of these cars. That being said, I've always found them attractive and they would be a perfect daily for my area all year round, as I live on a dirt road and have harsh winters. I am currently looking to import a 2000 Subaru Impreza WRX straight from Japan, seeing as there are very few solid examples for sale in my area, none of which are my preferred gen, decent kms, or relatively cheap. However I've found a couple import candidates that are in really good condition and have low kms. My main concern, obviously, is that i can't just sort of fly to japan and check the thing out, and then head home if it doesn't meet my standards. So I'm coming to anyone who has at least competent knowledge on these models; what are some big red flags I should be asking about if i get in touch with the exporter? And further, if I do end up making the jump and having it shipped over, what are some smaller and less obvious things i should keep an eye out for? What type of preventative maintenance should I do first and foremost? Or is this whole thing just a bad idea? Any help would be really appreciated,

Ask a Question